Saturday, April 26, 2008

Now That I Have Seen

BROOKE FRASER

"Albertine"

I am sitting still
I think of Angelique
her mothers voice over me
and the bullets in the wall where it fell silent

and on a thousandth hill,
I think of Albertine
there in her eyes what I don't see
with my own
Rwanda

now that I have seen,
I am responsible
faith without deeds is dead
now that I have held you in my own arms,
I cannot let go till you are

I am on a plane
across a distant sea
but I carry you in me
and the dust on, the dust on, the dust on (lots of dust) my feet
Rwanda

I will tell the world,
I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them Albertine
Rwanda

I am on a stage,
a thousand eyes on me
I will tell them, Albertine
I will tell them, Albertine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite songs...