Friday, July 11, 2008

A Cultural Exchage

I know I am behind on blogging, but we have been preparing for an important meeting which we had today in the village. I plan to catch up over the weekend, so look for lots of post soon. I will start with a little story about Jono.

He has been pleading for us to let him come to the village. But we just haven't been able to do that for one reason or another. Today, however, we were able to take him. We parked our vehicle by the school, which was in session. When the kids came out into the school yard for a lunch break, Jono walked over and started smiling at them and shaking hands through the fence.

After a minute or two, I looked over at him again and this is what I saw: my son teaching the Honduran school children to armpit fart. It makes a fella proud.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

PT- This has to be the greatest post you have ever put on your blog!! I was laughing so hard, I showed both of my parents! Jono is amazing!! I hope Honduras is going well!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Lidia Elyse said...

It's always so wonderful when we can contribute the american way to our fellow man...made me put my hand over my far...er, heart and shed a tear.
~Lidia

Anonymous said...

PT,
How funny is this?! I am sure Jono really enjoyed relating to the children inspite of the way he did (haha). I hope that both of your boys are benefiting from the Honduran Culture.