Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Visit To Danta Uno

While in Honduras last week I went by to check on our hydro electric business at the rural village of Danta Uno. I knew there had been some problems; some were natural, some were business related.

A lightning strike blew out our electronics in the fall, but Sergio managed to replace the circuit boards in the inverter and get the system working again. He has a lot of talent. Also, there was a large flood in December that destroyed the PVC pipes that bring the water (63 liters per second) to our generator. This had not been repaired, and I was a little disappointed about it. I had wired the money to make these repairs a few months ago.

Waldina was pregnant last summer, and now she and Adolfo have a little girl whose name is so difficult that my fingers cramped just typing it.

In the power house was the biggest scorpion I have ever seen in my life. The marks on the stick are in inches! Sergio killed it with a screwdriver. That's why we pay him the big bucks. The first thing I'm going to do when we get back is fumagate the power house. Who knows what else is living in there.

This photo shows one of our Madreado tree/power poles. It's sprouting.

Here is some of the flood damage. We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

No comments: