Saturday, May 16, 2009

Honduras Bound Sunday

In about six hours I leave for the airport. I am meeting ten engineering students and we are headed to Honduras to work on electrification systems in rural villages and eat lots of refried beans and plantains. Actually, my flight doesn't leave for three more days, but I want to get to the airport plenty early on account of security. :

You know, I really don't like flying. I like being other places, but not so much the getting to other places. Turns out the only way to do the former without doing the later is by reading a book or, say, daydreaming. I think this trip I'll choose daydreaming. There's seldom any food poisoning, and the humidity is lower than the real Honduras.

I don't really have anything to say, I'm just procrastinating going to bed. Sorry to waste your blogging time with empty words, but frankly, you should be used to that by now. Did you know "blogging time" in Spanish is "tiempo blogi" but you have to pronounce it the Spanish way, like "blo-hee". I'm a natural with the languages...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree, being other places is great - getting there, especially by plane is just a necessity. When are you engineers get that teleport device perfected - that would make travel much nicer.