Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sergio's Woes

Sergio, our Honduran taxi driver, electrician, translator, and amateur philosopher, had an accident with another taxi in La Ceiba. Everyone is fine, but his car is pretty smashed. He could not locate his registration after the accident, which meant he got locked up in jail for half a day or so. Sheesh.

Ryan is with him now at the police station. Soon they will get his car assessed to see if it is repairable. I don't know if he has insurance or not, but I know he makes his living with that taxi, and he was going to pay it off within a few months. I'm sure this is a very stressful time for him.

Please pray for his peace, that his car can be repaired economically, and for provision for his family. He has a wife and two kindergarten-age kids. He doesn't know I am posting this, but if you would like to help him repair his taxi and/or put food on his table, send me an email. I can help you help him. Maybe this is a time for the global church to support one of its own.


This is a photo of Sergio helping us install electric lights in the church in Pueblo Nuevo in 2007.

No comments: