Tuesday, October 13, 2009

After Being a Fan for 23 Years... I Saw U2 Live

The mothership: the new Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The day was drizzly and overcast and humid: Beautiful Day.

These big trusses are used to retract the roof. Cool! And I say to you, if anyone looks upon big trusses lustfully, he has already committed structural engineering in heart: Desire.

As I came into the stadium and saw the set, all I could say was wow. They say there are three of these stage sets that tour with the band because it takes several days to set them up and take them down. It was huge and even with the power off it was cool and formidable. "Justified till we die, you and I will magnify The Magnificent": Magnificent.

October 12, 2009. "Kingdoms rise, and kingdoms fall, but you go on and on": October.

"I believe you can loose these chains, I believe you can dance with me, dance with me": A Celebration.



Two bridges came out from the stage to a 360 degree sidewalk that circled the stage. The bridges moved back and forth two and the band members would walk out over the fans to the sidewalk. "I'm across the road from hope, I'm under a bridge in a rip tide": One Step Closer.


This pictures shows the motion of the crowd's arms. Bono had them waving back and forth and you can see the blur of their arems and his.


This is my best shot of the evening. It's about the only time Bono sat still enough for me to focus on him. The lights in the foreground are the displays from people's cameras.



The two bridges came together and Bono and The Edge had a "battle" across the gap. They were quite the showmen.

Two encores and 70,000 fans: Exit.

2 comments:

Redlefty said...

Amazing! A religious experience for sure.

Greg said...

Gah, looks amazing!