Friday, June 27, 2014

The New Orangehouse

Last week I moved my family from the house we've been living in for 15 years - a.k.a. the Orangehouse - to a loft apartment downtown!  Of course, it had to be orange too. The building is over 100 years old but was converted into apartments about ten years ago. 


I know what you're thinking - what about all your stuff?  Yes, it's true, I have a lot of stuff. Too much, perhaps. So this is actually forcing me to weed out, give away, and organize my stuff so it fits into a smaller space.  A smaller space and a 200 square foot storage unit.  And a small airplane hanger.  And the Astrodome.  And Mars.

This week we listed the first Orangehouse with a real estate agent.  Want to buy it? It's 300 feet from Woodway Elementary school, has big trees, cool orange bricks and questionable plumbing.  Make me an offer.

The ceilings in the loft are 16 feet tall!  That means my living room is taller than it is wide. Like me. At least for the moment.  Here's what it looks like. I could put a basketball goal in here. Yes, that's a swing in the foreground. The previous tenet hung it from a beam in the ceiling. It's Jono's favorite part.


I'm looking forward to blogging from a new place, an orange place. I have a lot to say, and plenty of head room to say it.


1 comment:

Elizabeth Griffin said...

I love this space. Love that you guys did this.