Monday, November 26, 2007

Over Commitment

I think I have a problem with over commitment. I tend to fill up my schedule to 150% of what I can handle. I have been doing some soul searching to try and figure out why I do this. I haven't figured it out, but here are some of my thoughts:

1) Perhaps I can't stand to be left out of anything I find interesting. Do I fear being on the margins?
2) Perhaps I don't like to have idle time. What might I be afraid to face? Am I running from something in my busy life?
3) Do I have something to prove? Am I insecure and feeling the need to overachieve in order to prove something?
4) Am I addicted to other people's approval? Must I always be being praised? Is that why I am writing this blog?
5) Perhaps I just love life and want to drink in as much as I can. I have been given certian opportunities and abilities and want to make the most of them.


Over Commitment African Style
(taken from the road in Kenya, 2006)

No comments: