Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Prelude to Summer in Honduras

Today I am flying to Honduras for a week. The purposes of my visit are:
1) to locate appropriate housing for my family and students for the summer
2) to visit Mejia, a village without electricity that may be the location of the project
3) to update our primary Honduran partner, Humberto, about our plans for the business side of the project, especially the microfranchise concept.

After going to bed at 1:00 a.m., my alarm went off at 3:30 a.m.. I left the house a bit after 4:00 for my 5:20 flight to Houston. I was sad to leave The M, since she only arrived from her own travelling the night before. I feel like we are tag-team parenting. I am close with the boys right now, which makes it extra hard to leave.

I'm in the Houston airport. The President's Club is the swanky lounge for first-class passengers, and as such has free snacks, newspapers, and wireless internet. Please understand, I'm not actually in the President's Club. But if you sit on the floor outside the door you can get enough wireless signal to, say, post some unimportant information on your blog.

Now if they would just bring me some coffee...

No comments: