Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Any Way the Wind Blows

Looks like hurricane Ike may be headed to Houston. This is alarming since I have family there. My mother, in fact, was scheduled to come visit us this weekend, but has decided to stay home and monitor her house and cats. I doubt she will receive anything worse than a broken window or a few missing shingles, but we'll see. My father, step-mother, and several in-laws and friends also live there, so I will be watching the storm carefully.

I haven't been able to blog as frequently as I had been, because since I've been back in the states, I have been so busy with school, kids, scouts, the house, and lifegroup, that I am wiped. Also, after Honduras, my life in Central Texas seems a little tame...

1 comment:

Redlefty said...

Houston here but we're near the central part of the city which means we're about 50 miles inland. Might be strong winds and a lot of rain here but doubtfully anything catastrophic. The coastal areas have more reasons to be worried -- the storm surge/tides is where the true destructive power lies.