Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Shack - loved it

I finished reading "The Shack" today. Wow, it was powerful. I loved it. It was deep, and moving, and funny, and comforting. It made me long to know God in a deeper way. Here is my version of a "back cover" review.

A father, after loosing his little girl horribly and tragically, lives for years with pain and bitterness. On the three year anniversary of her disappearance and murder, he returns to the scene of the crime after receiving a mysterious note in his mailbox. Is the note a prank? Is it from the killer, still at large? Is it from God?

He goes there alone, to the isolated shack in the Oregon wilderness, to find out who sent him the note. He intends to confront his daughter's killer with a borrowed pistol, or if the note is indeed from God, to accuse him of passivity and demand answers for his pain. What he finds is the last thing he expected. God is there, but he is a "large beaming African-American woman" who smells like flowers and loves to cook.

If you read it or have read it, I would love to know what you think or thought.

2 comments:

Bridge said...

incredible book! opened my eyes and heart to a new view of God, Jesus, and the HS! I relate to them all in a new and fresh way!

Redlefty said...

Read it several months ago and have gotten many of my family members onboard as well. My father-in-law should finish it in a few days.

I loved it.